Need a quick and easy treat? This may be the only thing my kids are asking me to make lately, but my sweet tooth will not deny them these sticky treats. They can also be a great dairy-free option vs. the traditional rice crispy treat recipe. The coconut flavor adds a little interest to the standard recipe, and with a splash of vanilla…BAM! An extra tasty treat!
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 16 oz of marshmallows (1 big bag or 1.5 regular bags)
- Heaping 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- *optional* a splash of vanilla extract
EASY AS 1-2-3:
- Melt oil and marshmallows in large pot on stove. Stir until smooth and add a splash of vanilla if you’d like.
- Add in rice cereal.
- Spread in a well greased 9×13 pan. Be sure to use a greased metal spoon to press them into place. Don’t make the same sticky mistake I made the first time and get it all over your hands.
I dare you to try these! Have fun with it! The girls request some colored sprinkles often, which add a fun touch. There is no need to go by the book for a recipe which makes it less stressful. Just throw a little bit of this and that in a pot and BAM you have sticky treats!
#realschmitt #midwestblogger #treatyoself #ricecrispytreats